I really had to think hard this week for a Fuck Off And Die post. Sure there are plenty of worthy entries, such as oil companies, electric companies, Hezbollah, and Mel Gibson. But really those are much too easy targets. But as I was thinking about it an insipid little ditty popped into my head and I had my topic.
I am one of those people that are blessed (or cursed) with being able to relate just about any spoken phrase with a song lyric. This makes it far too easy for the slightest ambiguous phrase to bring some truly hideous tune into my head where it stays for days or even weeks at a time. So here is a list of songs that are constantly a source of pain for me.
- ' I Would Walk 500 Miles' by The Proclaimers - Words cannot express how much I hate this piece of shit. And just when I thought that I could possibly erase this crap from my sub-conscious, Visa ups and uses it for a damned commercial. Thanks a lot assholes. You can both fuck off and die.
- ' That Thing You Do' - If I come across this damn movie while I am flipping through the channels, I cannot get it out of my head for a minimum of two days. So here's something you can do Tom Hanks; Fuck Off And Die.
- ' Mr. Roboto' by Styx: I cannot prove it but I know that after listening to this song for the first time, my hair started falling out. Fuck Off And Die Styx for making me bald.
- ' Do You Think I'm Sexy?' by Rod Stewart - Fuck No!!! Fuck Off And Die
- ' MmmBop' by Hanson' - Aaagh, you demon spawn motherfuckers, get the fuck out of my head.
- The Mmmm Mmmm song by The Crash Test Dummies - Think of some damned lyrics shitbags. That humming has to be a major cause of suicides and hate crimes in elevators.
I am sure that everyone can think of many more but with all those songs running through my head, I am not going to push it any farther. So to any annoying piece of shit song among the thousands in ipod hell, Fuck Off And Die.
Remember to go here and check out other great FOAD rants.