Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Talkin' Texan: Part Two
Since the last post didn't have everyone headed for the exit, I decided to go ahead and push my luck by doing another post of some of the phrases that I hear spoken on a regular basis. I was somewhat surprised at how many of the phrases are so wide spread but as they say, 'There is nothing new under the sun and anything that can be done has probably been done.' But here is a short list of some more West Texas phrases.
1) Shit like a big eyed bird. - When you have to go and go quick.
2) Nervous as a long tailed cat in a roomful of Rocking Chairs. - This one is self explanatory. I know that I would be nervous in that situation.
3) Like a mad woman slinging shit. - If you have ever seen it then you know what I am talking about.
4) Drunker than a waltzin' piss ant. - And that is mighty tippsy.
5) My stomach thinks that my throat has been slashed. - That is a powerful hunger.
6) So horny that I would f**k the crack of dawn. - I once had a friend named Dawn that was never amused by this saying.
7) Shining like a diamond in a pig's ass. - Standing out in the crowd in a big way.
8) Tighter than three fingers up a bull's ass. - Describes a person very tight with their money.
9) Rear up to take a shit. - Generally rear is pronounced rare. It describes the way a person feels after they overeat. Used most often as, 'Damn, that was good. Now I'm going to have to rare up to shit.
10) Sweating like a whore in Sunday School. - Now that is some nervous perspiration.
That's my list for today. I am thinking about reinstituting my phrase of the weekend so I am holding a few back. Before I sign off, I would like to thank everyone for giving me some new phrases. There is nothing like adding a little color to the vocabulary.