Monday, January 23, 2006

D'oh Deliveries


The village where I work is home to a jewelry factory. It is quite well known around the state for the quality and beauty of their work. Therefore it is not altogether a surprise that this past Christmas, Dubya commisioned them to create a $10,000 necklace for Laura.

After the piece was finished, the factory shipped it via insured, certified next day air on UPS. After it was not received by The White House the next day, the factory tracked it online. The delivery was made to the wrong residence but not only that the homeowner was not at home that day so the deliveryman left it on his porch. The home owner upon coming back to his residence noticed the package and upon looking at the label saw that it wasn't his and called UPS to pick it up. He never even opened the package, probably fearing that it was either a bomb, anthrax, or something that would put him in dire straits should it be opened.

To give the delivery man some credit, it was a white house just not The White House. Which begs the question, 'What can brown do for you?'

(A few sidenotes: I realize that this story is not very current. At the time, I thought that it was somewhat humorous but did not know if it was interesting enough for a post. Although it might be more worthy than some of the drivel I spew here. But after telling the story to big d this weekend, he said that the story would make a great post. So here it is. The pic is a wallpaper from big d's wallpaper site and all his gotd posts are on it. Thanks for letting me steal it eventhough I did not ask permission.)

21 comments:

Big D said...

I don't care if you steal stuff. I didn't take the pictures unfornutely.

Jim said...

a white house or The White House, clearly we've found more participants for Street Smart and Elimidate :)

White House deliveries are actually made someplace in Maryland or Virginia, so it is possible that the delivery address was not 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Andie D. said...

Eh, who knows. Maybe the address wasn't correct, maybe the delivery guy was "sidetracked" by a hot, lonely, housewife, or maybe Dubya just used the missapp as an excuse.

Love the pics - so yes, you should have posted this!

Shay said...

Aww what a good citizen, I guess you American's aren't *all* bad ^_~ hehe

Looks like that girl certainly knows how to handle small packages tee hee.

jane said...

I'm here to contribute & make sure you get close to 20-40 comments per post. I'm with Laurie, if I had to put up with him, I'd want more than a damn pearl necklace too!

:P fuzzbox said...

big d: Thanks, bro.

siren: It was a bone-headed thing. But all's well that ends well.

jim: Street Smart is shown here late at night so I don't get to watch it often but I always wondered how they were able to find the biggest bozo's imaginable. This guy might make a good addition to the show.

andie: So it could be some strategery at work. That could explain a lot.

shay: And larger ones too.

laurie: Jane stole my pearl necklace line in the next comment. But as the say around here, Laura Bush is about the same whatness. Her families donation to charity in response to a deadly car accident when she was in high school was a cannon to place in front of Midland Lee High School. WTF.

jane: I am happy with half that number but it is always nice to get more. Love the line about the pearl necklace.

ozymandiaz said...

Ask not what brown can do for you, but what you can do for brown...

starbender said...

Hahaaa...,
by the way, it's
called "webburglarn".
I would have 2 wonder what exactly I would do if Brown dropped that 2 me! I can think of Thousands of men that would be much worse than being married 2 George! ;]

JM said...

I had UPS deliver some jewelry for exchange for me. The package got to the destination alright, I'm hoping in tact. I haven't heard from the company yet, so I'm wondering.

Jay Noel said...

Sounds like Brown can't do much for anyone.

:P fuzzbox said...

ozy: That's a scary good comment.

starbender: At least he has a job.

angel jr: You might want to check.

phoenix: But everyone wants to drive the truck.

Crazy Dan said...

I will give all you a pearl necklace if you want one.

ella m. said...

Between the top image and all of the pearl necklace comments this is on it's way to becoming a very entertaining bar room dirty joke. Awesome. :D

:P fuzzbox said...

cd: I have always wondered if miniature pearls come from miniature oysters. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

ella m.: Looks like we have just started.

Rocky said...

Great pics and post. Brown is starting to be an appropriate color for the shitty service. They lost a parcel my wife ordered, then claimed they delivered it. We told them we weren't home, they told us they don't just dump packages. Yeah, right. Brown and dump go together in my book.

:P fuzzbox said...

cleveland: I know a few people that I would donate to work for UPS.

ann: ROFLMAO.

rocky: UPS has really taken a nose dive in service as of late at the plant. Two weeks ago we had part sent to us next day air because we really needed it and we received it in 5 days due to it's being lost and shipped to two different and wrong locations. Go Brown, my big old hairy butt.

Phred said...

I never saw a UPS lady that looked like that...the one we had was all dried up and about 70 years old.
And she was an old sourpuss.

Jim said...

fuzz -- you should TIVO or tape Street Smart, and then watch it any day that you are feeling bad about yourself, it will make you feel so smart:

"Paris is the capital of what country?"
"Chicago."

:P fuzzbox said...

phred: And then they replaced her with a reject from 'Deliverance.'

denny: Idn't.

jim: I have the great fortune to work with people that give me that kind of warm glow on a daily basis.

ben: We have DHL over here also but you can't even get those greaseballs to show up but once a week.

Dear Jane... said...

well perhaps if laura would piss in his mouth, she'd get more than a pearl necklace for X-mas. just a thought.

:P fuzzbox said...

dear jane: After all these months, I think that I have finally found your fetish. Just a thought.