Sunday, December 25, 2005
I was recently tagged by Cissa. So this will be another cheesy Mr. Mommieblog post. The idea is to name five things that show that your kids are weird. Believe me when I say that this was not hard but I thought that I would stick in a little Christmas flavor to it.
1) My son is fairly hard to buy toys for due to the fact that pretty much all he plays with is sticks and sticklike items that he can twirl. Two of his older sisters are/were twirlers and he picked up the talent like it was second nature. He does not do so with his fingers like twirlers but with a hand over hand method like precision rifle teams. He can spin a piece of pipe so fast that it is a blur and both of these sisters are amazed at how he does it.
2) My fifteen year old step-daughter's favorite gift is shoes and has been since she was two which is the same age that she learned to tie them.
3) When my son woke up this morning, he went through his usual routine. He first went to the bathroom. When he came out, I asked him if he was coming in to see what Santa had brought, he said, 'No not right now.' He went back to his room and laid around until he was good and awake before checking out his gifts.
4) The kids never ask for the high end got to have gifts of the year but frequently they ask for some cheesy little gift that ends up being a bitch to find. When the fifteen year old was four, the only thing that she asked for was a blue hula hoop. Angry Joyce and I searched for three months searching for a blue hula hoop and found it three days before Christmas. This year my son asked for a copy of the movie, 'Jack Frost' as he had seen the preview for it on his copy of 'The Grinch'. I found it on Friday in a discount holiday bin at fye.
5) The fifteen year olds favorite gift this year was a Dora the Explorer blanket. She was quite a sight this morning running around with leather boots over knee-length, multi-colored toe socks and wrapped up in a Dora blanket.
As usual I will not tag anyone and will face the curse of breaking the chain. But if anyone wants to do it, feel free. If five other bloggers do it maybe I will not have to face the Curse. Now go ahead Crazy Dan call me a mommy blogger. In the words of 'The Christmas Story', I triple dog dare ya!